Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Team 7

The concept of "Team 7" was given to me by my friend Nathan. Basically it goes like this: A certain girl has the choice between 2 guys. One of the guys is a 9 out of 10 on her hotness scale and the other is a lowly 7. However, if the 9 is kind of laid back about dating and calls less often while the 7 is persistent without being creepy or annoying, who does the girl end up with? if you said the 9 you are probably wrong. Most people you talk to will say the girl ends up with the one who cares enough to put in persistent effort to win her heart.

The actual name "Team 7" was created when Martin, Lee and I were explaining this concept to a friend of ours. She had an objection to what we were telling her and she wanted to prove her point with a hypothetical situation. I don't remember what that was because she started out her hypothetical situation with the phrase, "OK, for example, you three boys are all sevens..." We all laughed very hard at that because we all know that we are sevens but you don't tell someone that they are a seven. It's like calling someone who is obviously stupid a "dummy". So after that we called ourselves Team 7. Of course we didn't let Nathan into team 7 because he is clearly a 9. :) Of the original Team 7 I am the only one not married. I guess I am just not persistent enough.

Look for this in your single friends or friends who are getting married. You will find examples of team 7 everywhere.

3 comments:

Kim-may said...

i define myself as a team 7. thank you dave. good memories. that wasnt jen that said that was it?

dlux said...

I am pretty sure it was that girl from wyoming...I can't remember her name though. i thought maybe it was katie or something.

ms-mclaws said...

Dave. I don't think you are a 7. But you are right, it IS everywhere! A very true fact of (dating) life. You are a genious!