Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Clean-up on Aisle 9!"

To me, one of the most embarrassing things you can do at the grocery store is drop something that makes a huge mess. 2 days ago I was pulling some juice off the shelf and as I went to check the ingredients to see if there was any high fructose corn syrup (I am trying to avoid it) it slipped out of my hands. Before I knew it there was a gallon of white grape juice all over aisle nine. I grabbed another bottle and beckoned to Estee, who was getting quite a chuckle out of the situation, to walk quickly with me to check out and tell the clerk that there was a mess. I felt terrible because I am sure the poor old man at the counter was going to end up cleaning it up.

If you think that is the end of this story you are wrong. The very next day Estee and I were at Macey's picking up some camp chairs they have on sale there for 5 bucks a piece (a great deal really...) and I decided to go grab some chips and salsa for a snack later. I also grabbed some honey. I only had 2 hands so I was forced to balance the Chachies mango salsa on top of the honey. It situated itself quite nicely inside the lid and wasn't all that hard to hold. I do not know what distracted me but i totally forgot the precarious position in which I had placed my Chachies. The next thing I know I heard a splat and felt a cold drop of salsa on my toe. The whole bottom of the salsa bowl broke and it exploded all over aisle ten of Macey's. To make things worse, I exclaimed, "You have got to be kidding me!" so loudly that I called the attention of all the people and the clerks at the nearby check stands. A store clerk shouted that he would take care of it and rushed to get some supplies. And once again Estee, who this time was practically rolling on the floor with laughter, and I briskly walked to a checkout to leave after I had made a mess.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I've done that with a jar of pickles...it smelled great!