Sunday, June 8, 2008

Verse 1

Today in church we had a musical testimony meeting. This is where the congregation is allowed to come up and talk for a minute about their favorite hymn and then we all sing a verse or two from it. After a few songs a young lady got up and introduced her favorite song and many people before her had picked random verses to sing since sometimes the first verse wasn't their favorite. Unfortunately, I stopped paying attention when this particular young woman mentioned her favorite verse. "No big deal," I told myself, "I will just ask my friend Molly who is sitting next to me and is so good to me." I turned to molly and whispered into her ear, "which verse?" She looked at me with a smile and said "Verse one." In most songs you know in the first line which verse you are singing but in this particular song all the verses started off the same. So I started the song with confidence and held my head up high as I sang past the first line into the heart of the verse singing the words to verse one. Unfortunately I had been tricked. We really were supposed to sing verse three. I immediately hear giggles from my friends sitting with me and I looked over at Molly. She still had the same smile on her face as when she told me which verse to sing. Also I noticed she didn't sing the wrong words. She told me the wrong verse on purpose. I quickly shifted my focus from verse one to verse three and finished the song. Molly, if you are reading this, revenge is sweet. ;)

No comments: