Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stolen gifts

Today i was reminiscing about my childhood. I thought about the time when i was 7 and a family friend of ours had scolded me sharply because i was pressing his ear and making his hearing-aid beep loudly. The blood rushed to my head as i got angry with him for not dealing with a curious child more kindly. I was such a sensitive little kid. I remember being so hurt by it. I decided to call my mom and talk about it with her because i thought it was kinda funny and i knew she would get a kick out of remembering this grumpy old man.
After i told her my story and we laughed about it she told me a story that was even better. We had him and his wife over for dinner one night around Christmastime. A few days later they gave my mom a Christmas present. My mom opened it and found that it was a little book that her sister had made for her. He had stolen the booklet and written in it and given it to my mom for Christmas. You would think that if he was going to be cheap he could have at least re-gifted a fruit cake or something... Come to think of it... I am not sure why we even liked those people...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahahahahahahahahah! David - You're the best. :D