Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Fall

So today I ran my first half marathon ever. I haven't been in shape for the last 2 years of my life but, notwithstanding, last minute decided to run it with a friend of mine. At the very start she told me to feel free to leave her behind. Even though she was in better shape her legs are about half the length of mine. At around Mile 4 the marathon runners were split from the half-marathon runners. They had us "halfies" turn around and run back along the same road we had just run down only on the other side of the median so that no one tried to skip a few hundred yards to boost their time. As I am running I catch a glimpse of Estee and decide it would be a great idea to yell her name and wave. As i did so she heard and turned her head to look and wave back. Unfortunately the turning of her head coincided with her running into a sign. She narrowly missed hitting her head but tripped over the base and fell to the ground. Luckily she was alright but i can't help but smile and think about how this girl is straight out of the movie Pure Luck with Martin Short. It is a nineties film about a couple who are extremely accident prone and they lose each other because of accidents and end up finding each other by accident again. Its not a great movie but when you see it happen in real life it is pretty funny. I am sure you will see more blog entries about Estee's Antics. Anyways, the half marathon was fun. Definitely a good experience and I am glad i did it.

1 comment:

Maximum Glutes said...

so funny! i wish i was there!