Monday, July 14, 2008

The Kissing Disease

I decided to stop into the Urgent care facility close to my apartment this morning because of what looked and felt like strep. I went in and the doctor gagged me with a long q-tip and then came back 45 minutes later telling me what I had was not strep but possibly Mono or Adenovirus. I really hope it is Adenovirus because if it is Mono I will have it for about 35 days from when I first had a sore throat. That is a long time to be sick. Also, isn't mono generally contracted by kissing someone who has Mono? That is what I was always taught. Maybe that was just my mom's way of keeping me from kissing too much. She also used to tell me that if you kiss too much you could get pregnant. I just assumed she would know since she got pregnant 7 times.

3 comments:

kim said...

better stop that kissing david:) hope you are doing well. well, i guess since you are sick, i hope you don't have mono because it does last a long time.

Natalie said...

Hey David - You can actually contract Mono from several different places, not just kissing. Sharing a drink, chapstick...etc, anything that touches mouth germs. I hope for your sake that it isn't Mono as well, that would just stink. Keep us posted! :D

Unknown said...

So...good thing that kissing/pregnant things not true, otherwise you'd be pregnant by now for sure.