Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poker Face

It is no Joke that I would be the worst poker player ever. The other night some friends and I were playing rummy and we joked about how poorly I hide it when I have a good hand. It doesn't matter how hard I try to conceal things I really am incapable. Surprises take so much effort because I have to prep myself in the mirror. I go through every situation or question that the person being surprised might put me in or ask. My roommates almost always know if I have kissed my date when I come home just by looking at my face. Even 3 or 4 hours later.

In light of this personal deficiency I think that becoming a bank manager would be a poor choice of careers. Can you imagine the conversation between a bank robber and me.

Me - "I don't even know the code to the vault..."

Bank Robber - "Dude, your the worst liar ever! I can see it in your face! Now open the vault!"

...Yeah...grifter would be a poor choice too...although I really like the word, grifter, and really wish it applied to a person who can't hide his emotions rather than someone who scams people.

3 comments:

ms-mclaws said...

bad poker face, eh? that's funny!

Jon said...

Sorry, but I tagged you in my blog. http://r-is-for-rocket.blogspot.com/2008/11/tagged.html

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Kyra Martin! I saw that you are friends Megan and Nathan Rencher. Oh my goodness! I lived right next to them in Iowa.

I'm really good friends with his brother Logan and his wife Ash who were actually in our ward. They are the coolest! Anyway I got your blog off of Randalls and it's so nice to see that you still have your humor. You crack me up!